1. K-State home
  2. »College of Agriculture
  3. »Academics
  4. »Student Handbook
  5. »Withdrawal from the University

College of Agriculture

Withdrawal from the University

A student who withdraws from the university for the fall and spring semesters must complete a withdrawal form; contact Dr. Shannon Washburn. A summer semester withdrawal requires no approval from the dean’s office. Students should drop their courses in KSIS.

If a student withdraws during the first 36 calendar days of a  Regular Session course, no course enrollment will be recorded on the student’s academic record. Thereafter, a grade of W is recorded. Summer Sessions and Non-Standard sessions are prorated. The deadline for withdrawing from a Regular Session course is the 68th calendar day. Deadlines for Summer Sessions and Non-Standard Sessions are prorated.

If a student finds it necessary to withdraw from the university for verifiable nonacademic reasons after the 10th week, he or she should consult the appropriate dean’s office.

When a student withdraws from the university, student privileges, such as use of the Recreation Complex, stop.