As the world population is projected to reach 9 billion by the year 2050, the College of Agriculture is excited to celebrate all the ingenuity, diligence and collaboration it will take to feed everyone by meeting nutritional needs and satisfying consumer preferences. After all... agriculture is what we do!
Join Ag Council and the K-State College of Agriculture in celebrating Ag Fest March 24-28, 2014
All week -
Vote for which faculty member you would like to Kiss the Pig by donating to their jar -- locations are at the K-State Student Union food court, Call Hall Dairy Bar, Waters Hall 119, Radina's in the School of Leadership Studies and the main offices of Throckmorton and Weber halls.
Local elementary coloring contest entries displayed in the Student Union
Ag Fact Table Tents displayed in Union and Dining Centers and greek organizations
Monday, March 24 - Fundraiser at Cox Bros. BBQ from 5-8 p.m.
Tuesday, March 25 - Sigma Alpha Dodge Ball Tournament, Chester E. Peters Recreation Complex from 6-8 p.m.
- Open to all students
- 6 members per team
- $10 per team member or $15 per team member and you get an Ag Fest t-shirt
- For entry form, rules & regulations click here
Fundraiser at Orange Leaf from 5-10 p.m.
Wednesday, March 26 -
- Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow announce the winner of their video essay contest on K-State College of Agriculture Student Council Facebook page.
- Sigma Alpha hosts "Give Thanks to Agriculture" booth in the K-State Student Union
- Ag Awareness workshops and displays at the Manhattan Public Library, open at 5, 6 and 7 p.m. to learn about America's food system and making informed food choices. Register here.
- Social Media Challenge –
- Post ag facts or why agriculture is important to you using #agfest
- Winners will be selected and recognized at the Ag Fest Banquet
Thursday, March 27 -
- Ag Adventure
- College of Agriculture clubs will be hosting hands on demonstrations about agriculture for local elementary students kindergarten through third grade, 9 a.m. - noon in Weber Arena
- Ag Careers
- College of Agriculture clubs will be hosting demonstrations and information about careers in agriculture for local high school students, 1-2:30 p.m. in Weber Arena
- Hunger Games, 5 p.m. - 7 p.m. K-State Student Union Courtyard
- Team competition where teams will compete in interactive puzzle and challenges based on
- Soil quality
- Meat quality
- Food science
- Bakery science
- Agricultural communications
- 4 members per team
- $10 team entry
- 10 minute rounds
- We encourage teams to NOT be comprised of all agriculture students. Reach out to a friend not in the College of Agriculture and get them involved!
- Register here
- Fundraisers at Purple Swirl and Cox Bros BBQ all evening
- This year’s Ag Fest Charity is Harvster’s Community Food Network. They were voted #1 food bank last year and support food banks in 26 counties in northeast Kansas and northwest Missouri, including Riley County
Friday, March 28 -
- Ag Fest Banquet - Stanley Stout Center
A big thank you to our sponsors!