The objectives of MANRRS are to
- Increase the number of students studying the agricultural sciences and related fields at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Emphasize the importance of agricultural sciences and related fields.
- Keep students abreast of state, national, and international trends in the agricultural sciences and related fields.
- Encourage scholarly achievement, advancement, and excellence among members.
- Develop leadership qualities in students.
- Aid in the recruitment and placement of ethnic minorities in professional positions in the agricultural sciences, forestry, and natural resources.
- Encourage research and its dissemination by undergraduate and graduate students and/or professionals.
- Promote career and academic counseling for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide information on employment opportunities for participants.