Gamma Sigma Delta
Gamma Sigma Delta is an international honorary society of agriculture dedicated to excellence in scholarship, research and service. Founded in 1907, there are currently 48 chapters in the United States, Honduras, Puerto Rico and the Philippines. The Eta Chapter was founded at what would become Kansas State University on June 25, 1914. The Kansas State University Chapter was the sixth chapter chartered after Gamma Sigma Delta's beginnings in 1905 and the first chapter chartered after the fraternity's name was changed from Delta Theta Sigma to Gamma Sigma Delta.
The mission of Gamma Sigma Delta is to encourage high standards of scholarship, character, and proficiency in all branches of agricultural science and education and a high degree of excellence in the practice of agricultural pursuits.
Additional details can be found in the chapter by-laws.
2020 Gamma Sigma Delta Student and Faculty Honors
Each year, the Kansas State University Eta Chapter of Gamma Sigma Delta recognizes outstanding students and faculty. More information about the 2020 award recipients can be found in the Gamma Sigma Delta 2020 Spring Awards News Release.
Student Teaching and Research Awards
Undergraduate Research Awards:
- Olivia Harrison, Senior, Animal Sciences and Industry
- Linnea Rimmer, Junior, Animal Sciences and Industry
- Macie Reeb, Junior, Animal Sciences and Industry
Graduate Student Awards:
- Karen Schneck, Master's Student, Horticulture and Natural Resources
- Tej ManTamang, PhD Student, Horticulture and Natural Resources
- Ellen Mendez, Master's Student, Food Science and Industry
- Javier Fernandez, PhD Student, Agronomy
Faculty and Alumni Awards
- Outstanding Teaching Award – Drew Ricketts, Wildlife and Outdoor Enterprise Management
- Outstanding Advising Award – Valentina Trinetta, Food Science and Industry
- Outstanding Research Award – Ignacio Ciampitti, Agronomy
- Distinguished Faculty Award – Evan Titgemeyer, Animal Sciences and Industry
Upcoming Dates for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
September 28 - Membership dues due via PayPal or mailed to Kim Hay
September 28 – New member nominations due to Anita Dille
October 11 at 3:30 – Fall business meeting in Waters 137
November 15 – Fall reception (location is being finalized)