Ag Alumni Awards
Each year the K-State Ag Alumni Association recognizes exceptional alums who have demonstrated, through their participation, commitment and leadership, distinction to themselves, their profession, the K-State College of Agriculture and Kansas State University. These awards honor living alumni who personify the College of Agriculture's tradition of excellence.
Distinguished Alumnus Award
- 45 years of age or older, as of the date of award presentation, are eligible
- Outstanding career accomplishment in chosen field (to be based on overall career of nominee rather than any single activity or achievement)
- Contributions made to his/her community, state, and/or nation
- Humanitarian service to society rather than material success alone
- Service to the University, in particular the College of Agriculture, should receive consideration but is not mandatory
Outstanding Young Alumnus Award
- 45 years of age or younger, as of the date of award presentation
- Outstanding career accomplishment in chosen field (to be based on overall career of nominee rather than any single activity or achievement.)
- Contributions made to his/her community, state, and/or nation.
- Humanitarian service to society rather than material success alone.
- Service to the University, in particular the College of Agriculture, should receive consideration but is not mandatory.
David Mugler Outstanding Teaching Award
In 1999, the K-State University College of Agriculture Alumni Board of Directors established an annual award, the David Mugler Teaching Award, to recognize Dr. Mugler's many years of dedicated service to students in the K-State College of Agriculture. The individual nominated should emulate the personal and professional qualities demonstrated by Dave. He was an excellent teacher and advisor who modeled the statement, "They don't care what you know until they know you care."
- Teaching faculty within the K-State College of Agriculture
- Demonstrated dedication and caring for students both in and out of the classroom
To nominate an individual for these awards please send a brief nominating statement, a curriculum vitae / resume / biographical summary, and contact information for both the nominee and nominator to Dr. Don Boggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 117 Waters Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506 by Monday, February 4, 2019.
Nominations for the Dave Mugler Outstanding Teaching award may also include a maximum of two additional one-page letters of support.
Past Award Winners
|Mugler Outstanding Teaching Award|
|2018||Charles Munson||Justin Kastner||Andy Barkley|
|2017||Richard Felts||Mike Seyfert||Jeff Williams|
|2016||Bob Broeckelman||Anne Hazlett||Shannon Washburn|
|2015||David Holliday||John Niemann||Bryan Schurle|
|2014||Bill Barr||Jackie McClaskey||Dave Krishock|
|2013||Steve Hunt||Justin Gilpin||Greg Zolnerowich|
|2012||Dale Rodman||Gregg Doud||Greg Davis|
|2011||Adrian Polansky||Philip Kirk||Kevin Donnelly|
|2010||Max Deets||John Stika||Keith Lynch|
|2009||Sam Brownback||Michael Torrey||Steve Harbstreit|
|2008||Rich Porter||Michael Doane||Arolo Biere|
|2007||Loren Kruse||Melanie Mainquist||Michel Ransom|
|2006||George Yapp||Andrew Murphy||Dave Nichols|
|2005||Fred Merrill||Mark Gardiner||Melvin Hunt|
|2003||Steven Larson||Danette King Amstein||Mike Boland|
|2002||Chester Peterson, Jr.||Timothy Dodd||Kris Boone|
|2001||Charles Imthurn||Steve Hunt||Steve Thien|
|2000||David Mugler||Connie (Pelton) Kays||Richard Mattson|
|1999||Roy Freeland||Lynn Rundel||Gerry Posler|
|1998||Kenneth & Betty Goertzen||Mark Edelman||Miles McKee|
|1997||John Brethour||Richard Heiniger|
|1996||Wilbur Levering||Tim Rose|
|1995||William Amstein||Patricia A. Clark|
|1994||Lawrence Morgan||Adrian Polansky|
|1993||J. Harold Johnson||Sam Brownback|