Multicultural Academic Program Success
Multicultural Academic Program Success (MAPS) is a six week program designed to prepare incoming students for the academic rigor of the university environment. Students are provided the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the K-State campus and services. Students experience industry tours and meet professionals and faculty who can serve as mentors through their college careers. It is the MAPS mission to challenge and support students as they make the transition to college with the ultimate goal being student success at Kansas State University.
MAPS benefits include:
- Up to six (6) college credits of Chemistry or Math, Kinesiology, University Experience, and participation in a college labs
- An integrated sustainability project. Students will explore the importance of agriculture, engineering, and business in sustainability production through lab work , research, industry tours, and a group poster.
- Free room and board on K-State's campus.
- A $300 stipend for each students participation in the program
- Industry tours across the Midwest. For example last year we visited Phillips 66 in Bartlesville, OK and Cargill in Wichita, KS.
- Weekend activities around Manhattan
- Professional, cultural, scholarship, and academic opportunities not available to other students
- Applied to Kansas State University and plan to enroll in Fall 2020
- Plan to major in agriculture, engineering, or business
- Identify as African American, Asian, Latino, Native American, or Multiracial.
Learn more about MAPS and apply!
If you are interested in participating in the MAPS Program or would like more information, please contactZelia WileyAssistant Dean for DiversityKansas State University Kansas State University139 Waters HallManhattan, KS Manhattan, KSPhone: 785-532-5793