Entries of teams and team members in these virtual events must be entered by 11:55 pm on June 18, 2020.
Entries are made on the link above. No other form of entry will be accepted. No additional teams or chapters will be allowed to register after June 18.
Chapters/teams who are not entered by 11:55 p.m. on June 18, 2020, cannot participate in the events.
- No team member substitutions will be allowed after the registration deadline, unless accepted by the coordinator.
- Exceptions will be made in the case of illness, emergency, or death of a family member or close friend.
- Individual contest coordinators are the ONLY people who may grant exceptions to this policy.
- To be considered as registered, the students’ full names must be entered and they must be FFA members.
In addition to the requirements listed below for CDE Eligibility, students participating in Kansas State Leadership Development Events must have qualified at their district level event. Exceptions to this rule are the Ag Issues LDE and Agri-Science contest.
Any high school student who can meet the following stipulations will be eligible to compete in the Kansas State Career Development Events.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate high school student who is successfully carrying at least four units of high school work.
- Less than 20 years of age.
- Has not received 2 gold medals as an individual in the Kansas State Career Development Events held at Manhattan, Kansas in the event (area) in which he/she plans to compete or has been a member of a team that represented Kansas in the National FFA Career Development Event in that area.
For example: A contestant who had previously entered the Dairy Cattle Evaluation CDE would be eligible to re-enter the Dairy Cattle Evaluation CDE as long as he/she meets the other eligibility rules and has not received 2 gold medals in the State Dairy Cattle Evaluation event or competed in the National FFA Dairy Cattle Evaluation Career Development Event. The same criteria will be followed in all Career Development Events.
- Is a member of a Kansas FFA Chapter deemed in “good standing” with the Kansas FFA Association
Chapters that are not in good standing with the Kansas FFA Association will not be allowed to compete or participate in Kansas FFA State CDEs. No individual or team shall be eligible to compete in the agricultural events who has inspected or worked on university livestock, products or specimens within 10 days prior to the event.
- There is a $10.00 entry fee per CDE.
- Fees are due by April 28, 2021.
- Failure to pay will result in the chapter not being able to participate.
Checks should be made payable to Kansas State University and sent to:
Agriculture Academic Programs
117 Waters Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
Questions should be directed to (785) 532-5121 or by e-mail to email@example.com.